Comedy of Errors
Globe Touring Company, London
- Friday, June 19, 2009, 20:00h
- Saturday, June 20, 2009, 20:00h
- Sunday, June 21, 2009, 15:00h
director: Rebecca Gatwood
with: Miltos Yerolemou, Ronan Raftery,
Dana Gartland, Sarah Ridgeway,
Phillip Batley, Sophie Scott,
Cornelius Booth, Johanne Murdock
2hrs 15 mins. Includung the interval
price category: A
Introduction 45 minutes before curtain-up
The Globe Touring Company returns to the Neuss Globe with a truely brilliant production of “Comedy of Errors“. Take a pair of twins (both called Antipholus), torn apart in childhood by cruel fate and a second pair of twins as servants (both called Dromio). Keep them in the dark about each other and then suddenly throw them together in the same city – and you have all the ingredients you need for theatrical chaos. This early work shows Shakespeare developing some of the themes he returned to in so many of his plays: the crisis of identity, the vagarities of chance and the reuniting of families.
This year's play is directed by Rebecca Gatwood, who in 2007 was responsible for the hugely successful staging of “The Merchant of Venice“ at the Globe in London.
A summary of the play in German is available at the door.
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2009
- A Midsummernight's Dream (in german)
- The Fairy Queen A masque by Henry Purcell (in german)
- The Famous History of the Life of King Henry VIII. (in german)
- In Darkness let Me Dwell Matinée concert
- Measure for Measure (in german)
- Roméo and Juliette (in french)
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- Joe Calarco Shakespeare's R&J after Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
- Comedy of Errors
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Vakomana Vaviri Ve Zimbabwe (Two Gentlemen of Verona)
- Love's Labour's Lost (in german)