Love's Labour's Lost (in german)
- Monday, June 29, 2009, 20:00h
- Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:00h
director: Andreas Hueck,
set: Janet Kirsten
dramaturgy and text: Vanessa Schormann
price category: A
Introduction 45 minutes before curtain-up
Everything will change at the court of the King of Navarre. There will be a miracle and all nations will look on the kingdom in awe and wonder. Learning and the study of Greek philosophy and ideas will form the foundation on which to build an ideal Renaissance state. The noblemen surrounding the king agree to the plan with great unwillingness, as flirtation and dalliance with the opposite sex are to play no part in the noble studies envisaged by the king. Until, that is, the Princess of France and her charming ladies-in-waiting pay a visit to the court of Navarre, at which point everything takes a different turn ......
One of the most exquisite of Shakespeare's early comedies, one which holds up a humorously ironic mirror to the pathos of men's futile attempts to exclude the lessons of the heart from life's rich pattern.
The premiere in Potsdam is planned for the beginning of June. Andreas Hueck, whose Poetenpack theatre company has appeared at the Globe on numerous occasions, will direct Vanessa Schormann's superb adaptation of “Love's Labour's Lost“.
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2009
- A Midsummernight's Dream (in german)
- The Fairy Queen A masque by Henry Purcell (in german)
- The Famous History of the Life of King Henry VIII. (in german)
- In Darkness let Me Dwell Matinée concert
- Measure for Measure (in german)
- Roméo and Juliette (in french)
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- Joe Calarco Shakespeare's R&J after Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
- Comedy of Errors
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Vakomana Vaviri Ve Zimbabwe (Two Gentlemen of Verona)
- Love's Labour's Lost (in german)