Korijolánusz - nach „Coriolanus“ von William Shakespeare
- Saturday, July 5, 2014, 20:00h
Directed by: Csaba Polgár
Text adaptation: Ildíkó Gáspár, Gergely Bánki
Stage design & Costumes: Lili Izsák
Music: Tamás Matkó
Light and sounds: András Éltetõ
Starring: Imre Baksa, Richárd Barabás, Gergely Bánki, Diána Drága, Zoltán Friedenthal, Péter Jankovics, Tamás Herczeg, Tamás Keresztény, Diána Magdolna Kiss, Katalin Szilágyi, Nóra Diána Takács, Sándor Terhes
Dauer: 1 Stunde 30 Minuten ohne Pause
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes without a break
Price category: B
Admittance: 45 minutes before the beginning of the play
The most contemporary performance of this year's festival comes from Budapest. Against the background of Hungary's most recent post-1989 history, the HOPPart Company directed by Csaba Polgár have created a jolting version of Shakespeare's “Coriolanus“, in which ancient Romans are replaced by modern Hungarian citizens who believed that everything would be different after 1989.
“Coriolanus“ is, in this case, an adolescent under his mother's influence who, despite his past accomplishments, must learn that a democracy does not tolerate heroes.
The seriousness of the situation is in strong contrast to the gripping moments created by the actor's perfectly sung music and the delightful humour with which the characters seem to approach their fate.
A thrilling piece by a young, yet Shakespeare-experienced, director that has already successfully been performed in Berlin.
Performed in Hungarian with German subtitles
Partners/collaborators: MU Theater, Independently Together (FÜGE), Ministry of Human Resources (EMMI), MasterCard, Budapest Bank
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2014
- All's Will that ends Will - Birthday Performance for William Shakespeare
- Der Sturm
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Comedy of Errors
- Pericles, Fürst von Tyrus
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Korijolánusz - nach „Coriolanus“ von William Shakespeare
- Peeping at Pepys - A Musical Diary
- Richard III
- Inspired by Song
- El perro del hortelano (“The Dog in the Manger“) - Comedy by Lope de Vega
- El castigo sin venganza (“Punishment without Revenge“) - Drama by Lope de Vega
- Enrique VIII. (Henry VIII)
- Wie er uns gefällt - Gedichte an und auf Shakespeare
- Shakespeare in Jazz – Sonnets new album
- Wie es Euch gefällt