Piper Productions, London
- Friday, June 5, 2015, 20:00h
- Saturday, June 6, 2015, 20:00h
- Sunday, June 7, 2015, 15:00h
- Sunday, June 7, 2015, 20:00h
Director and Adaptation: Guy Retallack
Production: Daniel Krupnik
Duration: 2 hours and 10 minutes incl. intermission
Admission 45 minutes before the beginning of the performance
The first contemporary English staging in the history of the Shakespeare Festival was a “Richard III“ production with Eddie Marsan as the leading part. The director was Guy Retallack who, in later years, continued to bring additional exciting stagings for Wild Thyme Productions to the Globe.
Now his version of the „Scottish play“ will enrich this year's anniversary festival. The production played in London's Bridge House Theatre and received two Off West End Awards, as well as a Broadway World Award for best stage directing. Therefore Macbeth and his lady are awaited with eagerness.
From the witches (“When shall we three meet again“) to the major showdown, when the forest of Birnam marches onto Dunisane Castle- this is the realm in which one of the most thrilling pieces of world literature takes place.
Scene selection available in German
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2015
- Romeo and Juliet
- As You Like It
- Trans Hamlet Formation -from the Favela into the World-
- The Taming of the Shrew
- Nit de Reis (Twelfth Night) based on William Shakespeare
- This Anniversary's Surprise for the Audience:
- Shakespeare's Kings. Murder Kills based on William Shakespeare
- Measure for Measure
- The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Midsummer Night's Fantasies
- Shakespeare Theatre A Capella with Gustav Peter Wöhler
- Love's Labour's Lost