All's Well That Ends Well
Shakespeare at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol
- Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:00h
- Saturday, June 25, 2016, 15:00h
- Saturday, June 25, 2016, 20:00h
Director: Andrew Hilton
Staging and Costumes: Max Johns
Sound Design: Elizabeth Purnell
Light Design: Matthew Graham
Starring: Ian Barritt, Christopher Bianchi, Alan Coveney, Paul Currier, Craig Fuller, Marc Geoffrey, Nicky Goldie,
Julia Hills, Joel Macey, Alan Mahon, Isabelle Marshall, Callum McIntyre, John Sandeman, Laurence Varda, Eleanor Yates
Duration: 2h 45 min incl. intermission
Admission 45 minutes before the beginning of the performance
With great pleasure we announce the end of the 26th festival with the actual original performance of Shakespeare's All's Well That Ends Well, performed by the Shakespeare Company of Tobacco Factory Bristol, directed by Andrew Hilton.
Helena, the daughter of a bourgeois doctor, is hopelessly in love with the young Count Bertram in this dark comedy. The reputation of their healing art brings them before the dying King of France where she negotiates the promise that should she cure him, she will be able to pick and choose her own husband. Naturally she gets what she wants and Bertram must marry her against his will. But how will she get her husband to bed? An intrigue is soon conjured: she deceives him dressed as another in the dark- and becomes pregnant. Count Bertram finally accepts his role as a husband. All's well that ends well? Like in real life and, hopefully, at the Shakespeare Festival 2016.
German Premiere in English
Scene selection available in German
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2016
- Shakespeare goes Varieté - Music.Magic.Comedy
- The Storm or the Island of Magical Creatures - A play with puppets, people and shadows for children age 6 and up
- Richard III.
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Julius Caesar
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy by Woody Allen
- Hamlet: Who´s there?
- Winter Fairy Tale!
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- to touch – to kiss – to die - English Songs by H. Purcell, N. Matteis, J. Dowland
- Henry VIII.
- Maria Stuart
- As You Like It
- All's Well That Ends Well