Mountview Productions, London
- Monday, June 6, 2016, 20:00h
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 20:00h
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 15:00h
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 20:00h
Director: Polina Kalinina
Starring: Mountview Productions, London
Duration: 2 hours
Admission 45 minutes before the beginning of the performance
Caesar must die: the conspirators are sure of it since his power has become too great. As an audience, we have to decide whether this act of killing is justified, a necessary sacrifice in order to save the Republic, or simply a bestial murder. Shakespeare's most ambivalent moral tragedy is a dangerous game of chess in which the lives of people are at stake. At the end of the day it is not about right or wrong, however, it is about the power in the State. Beneath all of this, some of Shakespeare's most beautiful and famous speech creations shine through the dialogue and monologues. Mark Antony's funeral oration, seared into European theatre history, is a rhetorical masterpiece without equal which one cannot escape. A political, timeless, an ever-topical piece – performed by the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and directed by the highly successful young director Polina Kalinina.
German Premiere in English
Scene sequence also available in German
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2016
- Shakespeare goes Varieté - Music.Magic.Comedy
- The Storm or the Island of Magical Creatures - A play with puppets, people and shadows for children age 6 and up
- Richard III.
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Julius Caesar
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy by Woody Allen
- Hamlet: Who´s there?
- Winter Fairy Tale!
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- to touch – to kiss – to die - English Songs by H. Purcell, N. Matteis, J. Dowland
- Henry VIII.
- Maria Stuart
- As You Like It
- All's Well That Ends Well