The Merchant of Venice
- Friday, June 10, 2016, 20:00h
Director: Pascal Faber
Translation: Florence Le Corre-Person
Adaption: Florence Le Corre-Person and Pascal Faber
Starring: Michel Papineschi, Philippe Blondelle, Séverine Cojannot,
Frédéric Jeannot, Régis Vlachos, Charlotte Zotto
Duration: 1h 30 min excl. intermission
Admission 45 minutes before the beginning of the performance
Discovered just for you at the Avignon Festival Off: a Merchant of Venice in French performed by Compagnie 13 which is located east of Paris in the Île de France. The Compagnie has been led for many years by Pascal Faber who is also responsible for directing the Marchand de Venise. Four weeks ensuite, the audience in Avignon was inspired by the vibrant, reduced-to-the-essentials version. The superb actors and actresses subtly and intelligently tell the story of Antonio, Bassanio, Portia and, of course, the dazzling figure of the Jew Shylock in a grand array of images.
"Cela va vite, c'est modern, c'est maintenant et aujoud'hui Shakespeare."
German Premiere in French
Scene sequence available in German
Instructions for ordering tickets online
Single performances can be ordered directly by selecting the desired date. Tickets for various performances please order here.
Shakespeare Festival im Globe Neuss – Programme 2016
- Shakespeare goes Varieté - Music.Magic.Comedy
- The Storm or the Island of Magical Creatures - A play with puppets, people and shadows for children age 6 and up
- Richard III.
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Julius Caesar
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy by Woody Allen
- Hamlet: Who´s there?
- Winter Fairy Tale!
- Shakespeare and the Globe
- to touch – to kiss – to die - English Songs by H. Purcell, N. Matteis, J. Dowland
- Henry VIII.
- Maria Stuart
- As You Like It
- All's Well That Ends Well